Saturday, May 23, 2009

Another fantastic meeting yesterday, this time at Angela's in the Waikato. I really learned a lot from Gracie's presentation about critiquing. People often ask the questions that hadn't occured to me, so there's this wonderful roundabout of gathering knowledge. Gracie talked about Holly Lisle's 'Create a Character' clinic - it looks like a worthwhile investment of $9.95.

Once I'd got through the fog, the drive from Rotorua was beautiful. Coming home is always a reflective time to think about the discussions, and where your writing might go as a result. It was great to meet Vicky and Catherine and to share time with everyone again. Sandra, I can't wait to see your art on my wall. Thanks Angela for your lovely hospitality and for giving me the opportunity to cuddle cats again! I love cats but when our last little ginger cat was run over we decided not to get another one because we live in an area where there are a lot of native birds - but I do miss having another feline around the place.
Lyn

No comments: